Simple Ways To Reduce Waste And Save Energy This Spring.
Every new season is a chance for a fresh start. In this illustration I’ve summed up some of the things that I will be doing to reduce waste and save energy this spring. Today also happens to be Global Recycling Day, that’s why I thought this would be a good day to share this drawing.
Going completely zero waste can be hard, but by making little changes reducing waste and saving energy is actually quite simple. It doesn’t have to be perfect to make a difference.
Want More Zero- Or Low Waste Swap Inspiration?
I’ve been drastically trying to reduce waste for a while now, especially my plastic waste. I have a whole series of illustrations with zero- and low wast swap ideas and about sustainability in general. Take a look here and here for examples, or follow me on Instagram for more regular updates. I also have a postcard available on Etsy filled with ways to reduce waste.
Want More Hand Drawn Happiness?
If you like my illustrations and want to stay up to date on any news about my work, new products and any special offers, you can subscribe to my newsletter here. As a thank you, you will receive a 10% discount voucher for my Etsy shop, which is filled with cute and colourful hand drawn postcards, prints and other papergoods.
Today is World Environment Day and this year’s theme is Beat Plastic Pollution. That’s why I thought I’d share some of the small changes that I’ve recently made to reduce my waste, especially my plastic waste. It’s not perfect by far, but I’m trying to be more mindful about it. If everyone does a little bit, together we can accomplish a lot! The small changes that I’ve illustrated here are só easy to make, I feel that anyone can make them.
- Switch to a bamboo toothbrush
- Use washable face cleaning pads
- Use fabric napkins
- Carry a (fabric) napkin, spork and reusable coffee cup with me
- Buying fruit and vegetables at the local market in (very cute) reusable cotton bags to avoid plastic-wrapped supermarket products.
- Always choose a non-plastic packaging option for everything I buy. (If there is one.)
- Make some products myself from all natural ingredients. (Sea salt spray, dry shampoo and face toner for example are all very easy (and fun) to make. You can find many tutorials on how to do this on YouTube and Pinterest.
These are just some of the things that I’ve personally started doing. If you want more tips on how to reduce your waste there are tons of YouTube videos you can watch on this topic. I like watching these because I keep finding new ideas on how to improve my waste reduction. Hopefully soon I can make a new illustration with the next “green” steps that I’ve taken. 😉