Today is World Environment Day and this year’s theme is Beat Plastic Pollution. That’s why I thought I’d share some of the small changes that I’ve recently made to reduce my waste, especially my plastic waste. It’s not perfect by far, but I’m trying to be more mindful about it. If everyone does a little bit, together we can accomplish a lot! The small changes that I’ve illustrated here are só easy to make, I feel that anyone can make them.
- Switch to a bamboo toothbrush
- Use washable face cleaning pads
- Use fabric napkins
- Carry a (fabric) napkin, spork and reusable coffee cup with me
- Buying fruit and vegetables at the local market in (very cute) reusable cotton bags to avoid plastic-wrapped supermarket products.
- Always choose a non-plastic packaging option for everything I buy. (If there is one.)
- Make some products myself from all natural ingredients. (Sea salt spray, dry shampoo and face toner for example are all very easy (and fun) to make. You can find many tutorials on how to do this on YouTube and Pinterest.
These are just some of the things that I’ve personally started doing. If you want more tips on how to reduce your waste there are tons of YouTube videos you can watch on this topic. I like watching these because I keep finding new ideas on how to improve my waste reduction. Hopefully soon I can make a new illustration with the next “green” steps that I’ve taken. 😉
2 thoughts on “World Environment Day”
Thank you for sharing, we can all definitely aim to be more environmentally conscious.😊